Saturday, June 16, 2007

Los Angeles Times

So today I open the newspaper, hoping to read about the Angels-Dodgers game and the story at the top of the page reads, "Source: Bryant Tells Buss He Wants Out." Who is this source? Was it the waiter at the restaurant? The hostess? The limo driver? The couple next to them? Somebody put a bug on their clothing? That little fly on the wall really can talk? Maybe it was that Lakers insider that started this whole mess a few weeks ago. It could actually be a conspiracy designed by the LA Times to draw more readers. After all, they've had some big layoffs lately and they lost one of their best writers, J.A. Adande. I don't know what to expect anymore. After all, this is the same paper that said the Dodgers played the Mets in the World Series once. I also had to correct their writer a few weeks ago who said Kobe had played all but one of his seasons under Phil Jackson. Funny, because Kobe came into the league in 1996 and Phil Jackson was in Chicago leading the Bulls to three straight titles and didn't start with the Lakers until 1999-2000. Maybe that was Kobe Bryant in Jordan's body. Wait, I got it. Phil Jackson was actually both Del Harris and Kurt Rambis in 98-99. This newspaper has turned into such a laughingstock that maybe I should start my own paper. Anyone want to invest? I guarantee my facts would be facts and my "sources" would be real. Thanks for reading.

No comments: