Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Barry Bonds

Why isn't Barry Bonds playing on the road? Is he hurt? Is it because he's struggling? Are they resting him for the stretch run? None of the above. He wants to break his homerun record at home. Why? Because at home will be the only place where he is cheered. I was hoping he'd have a chance to break it in LA next week but that likely will not happen. Especially if he continues to rest his ego. If I were a Giants fan (I'm thankful every day that I'm not) I'd be furious that he's not playing. Have the Giants given up on the season? Sure, they're the Giants, and they suck, but at least put forth an effort. I think the best part about this whole thing is their manager Bruce Bochy, goes from a contender to a laughingstock. Why? Not because he saw the potential to win. Not because he wanted to see Bonds break Aaron's record. But because of $$$$$. If I were a Padres fan (which wouldn't be nearly as bad as being a Giants fan) I'd be ecstatic that my team is doing so well and his is doing so poorly. What a joke Bochy is. Hopefully someone will give Grady Little some $ and we can get rid of his sorry, well you know what. Can we bring Lasorda back?

No comments: